Also called: Apprentice Embalmer, Embalmer, Funeral Director/Embalmer, Licensed Embalmer
- Dress bodies and place them in caskets.
- Conform to laws of health and sanitation and ensure that legal requirements concerning embalming are met.
- Close incisions, using needles and sutures.
- customer service
- English language
- philisophy and religion
- law and government
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Custom Data Systems Sterling Management Software
- HMIS Advantage
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include: