Also called: Nanny, Nanny/Household Manager
What they do:Care for children in private households and provide support and expertise to parents in satisfying children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs. Duties may include meal planning and preparation, laundry and clothing care, organization of play activities and outings, discipline, intellectual stimulation, language activities, and transportation.
On the job, you would:
- Perform first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) when required.
- Instruct children in safe behavior, such as seeking adult assistance when crossing the street and avoiding contact or play with unsafe objects.
- Model appropriate social behaviors and encourage concern for others to cultivate development of interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- medicine and dentistry
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Educational software
Word processing software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software