Also called: Childcare Professional, Family Manager, Household Manager, Nanny
What they do:Care for children in private households and provide support and expertise to parents in satisfying children's physical, emotional, intellectual, and social needs. Duties may include meal planning and preparation, laundry and clothing care, organization of play activities and outings, discipline, intellectual stimulation, language activities, and transportation.
On the job, you would:
- Remove hazards and develop appropriate boundaries and rules to create a safe environment for children.
- Instruct and assist children in the development of health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet behavior.
- Instruct children in safe behavior, such as seeking adult assistance when crossing the street and avoiding contact or play with unsafe objects.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Educational software
Word processing software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software