Also called: Sales Associate, Sales Clerk, Sales Consultant, Sales Person
What they do:Sell merchandise, such as furniture, motor vehicles, appliances, or apparel to consumers.
On the job, you would:
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Plexis Software Plexis POS
- The General Store
Data base user interface and query software
Electronic mail software