Demonstrators & Product Promoters
Also called: Demonstrator, In Store Demonstrator, Merchandiser, Product Demonstrator
What they do:Demonstrate merchandise and answer questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
On the job, you would:
- Provide product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Sell products being promoted and keep records of sales.
- Keep areas neat while working and return items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Social Orientation
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Office suite software