Business Development Engineer, Product Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer
What they do:Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering.
On the job, you would:
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Create sales or service contracts for products or services.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- SAP software
Project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Teams
Data base user interface and query software
- Amazon Web Services AWS software
- IBM DB2
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Architectural & Engineering Managers
- Industrial Engineers
- Logistics Engineers
- Sales Representatives, Wholesale & Manufacturing, Technical & Scientific Products
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about sales engineers.