Bookkeeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerks
Account Clerk, Accounting Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payables Clerk
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- using math to solve problems
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Microsoft SharePoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: