Office Clerks, General
Clerk, Office Assistant, Office Clerk, Office Services Specialist
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
- Yardi software
- Henry Schein Dentrix
- MEDITECH software
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
Get started on your career: