Library Assistants, Clerical
Library Aide, Library Assistant, Library Circulation Assistant, Library Clerk
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Open and close library during specified hours and secure library equipment, such as computers and audio-visual equipment.
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, Braille volumes, and pictures.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Online Computer Library Center (OCLC) databases
- ResourceMate Plus
Get started on your career: