Data Entry Keyers
Also called: Data Capture Specialist, Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Data Transcriber
What they do:Operate data entry device, such as keyboard or photo composing perforator. Duties may include verifying data and preparing materials for printing.
On the job, you would:
- Locate and correct data entry errors, or report them to supervisors.
- Compile, sort, and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Compare data with source documents, or re-enter data in verification format to detect errors.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
- customer service
Safety and Government
- law and government
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Food Batchmakers
- Gaming Cage Workers
- Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, & Weighers
- Medical Transcriptionists
- Weighers, Measurers, Checkers, & Samplers, Recordkeeping
You might like a career in one of these industries: