Word Processors & Typists
Clerk Typist, Keyboard Specialist, Typist, Word Processor
- Perform other clerical duties, such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update, and delete documents.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Google Workspace software
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Blackbaud CRM
Get started on your career: