Medical Scribe, Medical Transcriptionist, Radiology Transcriptionist, Transcriptionist
- Return dictated reports in printed or electronic form for physician's review, signature, and corrections and for inclusion in patients' medical records.
- Produce medical reports, correspondence, records, patient-care information, statistics, medical research, and administrative material.
- Identify mistakes in reports and check with doctors to obtain the correct information.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- medicine and dentistry
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
Video creation and editing software
Word processing software
- Boston Bar Systems Corporation Sonnet
- Microsoft Word
Get started on your career: