Health Information Technologists & Medical Registrars
Medical Records Analyst, Medical Records Director
What they do:Apply knowledge of healthcare and information systems to assist in the design, development, and continued modification and analysis of computerized healthcare systems. Abstract, collect, and analyze treatment and followup information of patients. May educate staff and assist in problem solving to promote the implementation of the healthcare information system. May design, develop, test, and implement databases with complete history, diagnosis, treatment, and health status to help monitor diseases.
On the job, you would:
- Assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), using appropriate computer software.
- Compile medical care and census data for statistical reports on diseases treated, surgery performed, or use of hospital beds.
- Design databases to support healthcare applications, ensuring security, performance and reliability.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- Epic Systems
Desktop communications software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Clinical Data Managers
- Document Management Specialists
- Health Informatics Specialists
- Medical Records Specialists
- Patient Representatives
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about health information technologists and medical registrars.