Medical Records Specialists
Health Information Technician (Health Information Tech), Medical Records Clerk, Medical Records Coordinator, Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Assign the patient to diagnosis-related groups (DRGs), using appropriate computer software.
- Compile and maintain patients' medical records to document condition and treatment and to provide data for research or cost control and care improvement efforts.
- Consult classification manuals to locate information about disease processes.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- Epic Systems
Desktop communications software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Get started on your career: