Word Processors & Typists
Also called: Clerk Typist, Keyboard Specialist, Typist, Word Processor
What they do:Use word processor, computer or typewriter to type letters, reports, forms, or other material from rough draft, corrected copy, or voice recording. May perform other clerical duties as assigned.
On the job, you would:
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Blackbaud CRM
- Oracle Siebel CRM
Electronic mail software
Office suite software