Graders & Sorters, Agricultural Products
Apple Sorter, Grader, Potato Grader, Sorter
- Place products in containers according to grade and mark grades on containers.
- Weigh products or estimate their weight, visually or by feel.
- Discard inferior or defective products or foreign matter, and place acceptable products in containers for further processing.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
- Food & Tobacco Roasting, Baking, & Drying Machine Operators & Tenders
- Food Batchmakers
- Meat, Poultry, & Fish Cutters & Trimmers
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Packers & Packagers, Hand
You might like a career in one of these industries: