Mechanical Door Repairers
Also called: Door Installer, Garage Door Installer, Installer, Service Technician
What they do:Install, service, or repair automatic door mechanisms and hydraulic doors. Includes garage door mechanics.
On the job, you would:
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install spring systems.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Route navigation software
- Route mapping software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software
Data base user interface and query software
- Work order software