Mechanical Door Repairers
Also called: Door Installer, Garage Door Installer, Installer, Service Technician
- Wind large springs with upward motion of arm.
- Adjust doors to open or close with the correct amount of effort or make simple adjustments to electric openers.
- Carry springs to tops of doors, using ladders or scaffolding, and attach springs to tracks to install spring systems.
- building and construction
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Route mapping software
- Web browser software
- Work order software
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Automated Access Systems Tech
- Door-Closer Mechanic