Camera & Photographic Equipment Repairers
Also called: Camera Repair Technician, Camera Repairman, Camera Technician, Repair Technician
What they do:Repair and adjust cameras and photographic equipment, including commercial video and motion picture camera equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Adjust cameras, photographic mechanisms, or equipment such as range and view finders, shutters, light meters, or lens systems, using hand tools.
- Disassemble equipment to gain access to defect, using hand tools.
- Test equipment performance, focus of lens system, diaphragm alignment, lens mounts, or film transport, using precision gauges.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Electronic mail software
- Email software