Textile Bleaching & Dyeing Machine Operators & Tenders
Also called: Drug Room Operator, Dye Machine Operator, Dye Operator, Machine Operator
What they do:Operate or tend machines to bleach, shrink, wash, dye, or finish textiles or synthetic or glass fibers.
On the job, you would:
- Add dyes, water, detergents, or chemicals to tanks to dilute or strengthen solutions, according to established formulas and solution test results.
- Notify supervisors or mechanics of equipment malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment controls to maintain specified heat, tension, and speed.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Laborers & Freight, Stock, & Material Movers, Hand
- Meat, Poultry, & Fish Cutters & Trimmers
- Solderers & Brazers
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Textile Winding, Twisting, & Drawing Out Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: