Cleaning, Washing, & Metal Pickling Equipment Operators & Tenders
Also called: Clean in Places Operator (CIP Operator), Sanitation Technician, Sanitation Worker, Sanitizer
What they do:Operate or tend machines to wash or clean products, such as barrels or kegs, glass items, tin plate, food, pulp, coal, plastic, or rubber, to remove impurities.
On the job, you would:
- Add specified amounts of chemicals to equipment at required times to maintain solution levels and concentrations.
- Observe machine operations, gauges, or thermometers, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions.
- Set controls to regulate temperature and length of cycles, and start conveyors, pumps, agitators, and machines.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
Data base user interface and query software
- Construction Laborers
- Extruding & Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Plating Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
You might like a career in one of these industries: