Mixing & Blending Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Machine Operator, Mixer, Mixer Operator, Stock Preparation Operator (Stock Prep Operator)
What they do:
Set up, operate, or tend machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, tobacco, liquids, color pigments, or explosive ingredients.
On the job, you would:
- Weigh or measure materials, ingredients, or products to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Compound or process ingredients or dyes, according to formulas.
- Read work orders to determine production specifications or information.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: