First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
Maintenance Supervisor, Receiving Manager, Receiving Supervisor, Shipping Supervisor
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers, hand.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain a safe working environment by monitoring safety procedures and equipment.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded or problems encountered.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- bringing people together to solve differences
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Sage ERP Accpac
- SAP software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Passenger Attendants
- First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of helpers, laborers, and material movers, hand.