First-Line Supervisors of Material-Moving Machine & Vehicle Operators
Driver Manager, Fleet Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of material-moving machine and vehicle operators and helpers.
On the job, you would:
- Enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations or production goals.
- Review orders, production schedules, blueprints, or shipping or receiving notices to determine work sequences and material shipping dates, types, volumes, or destinations.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- SAP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Materials requirements planning logistics and supply chain software
- Warehouse management system WMS
- XATA XATANET
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, & Material Movers, Hand
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Passenger Attendants
- First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of material-moving machine and vehicle operators.