Also called: Delivery Driver, Driver, Route Sales Driver, Route Salesman
What they do:Drive truck or other vehicle over established routes or within an established territory and sell or deliver goods, such as food products, including restaurant take-out items, or pick up or deliver items such as commercial laundry. May also take orders, collect payment, or stock merchandise at point of delivery. Includes newspaper delivery drivers.
On the job, you would:
- Collect money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts.
- Drive trucks to deliver such items as food, medical supplies, or newspapers.
- Write customer orders and sales contracts according to company guidelines.
- customer service
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- MobiTech Systems Route Sales Trakker
- Regulussoft Route Accounting
Map creation software
- GEOCOMtms A.Maze Planning
- Route planning software
Project management software
- bMobile Technology Route Manager
- bMobile Technology Sales