Automotive & Watercraft Service Attendants
Also called: Attendant, Fuel Dock Attendant, Gas Attendant, Service Station Attendant
What they do:Service automobiles, buses, trucks, boats, and other automotive or marine vehicles with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Collect payment for services and supplies. May lubricate vehicle, change motor oil, install antifreeze, or replace lights or other accessories, such as windshield wiper blades or fan belts. May repair or replace tires.
On the job, you would:
- Collect cash payments from customers and make change or charge purchases to customers' credit cards and provide customers with receipts.
- Check tire pressure and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, or other fluids, adding air or fluids as required.
- Perform minor repairs, such as adjusting brakes, replacing spark plugs, or changing engine oil or filters.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
Time accounting software
- Timekeeping software
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Refuse & Recyclable Material Collectors
You might like a career in one of these industries: