Medical & Health Services Managers
Also called: Health Information Management Corporate Director, Health Information Management Director, Health Manager, Nurse Manager
In the Air Force: Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Manager; Dental Superintendent; Health Services Administrator, Health Facilities Architect/Engineer/Construction Manager; Health Services Management Journeyman; Mental Health Service Manager; Respiratory Care Practitioner Manager
In the Army: Aeromedical Evacuation; Behavioral Sciences; Clinical Laboratory; Dental Corps Officer; Health Services; Health Services Plans, Operations, Intelligence, Security and Training; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Patient Administration; Pharmacy; Preventive Medicine Sciences
In the Coast Guard: Health Services - General; Health Services Technician; Medical Administration
In the Navy: Commanding Officer, Fleet Marine Force Company; Emergency Medical Specialist; Health Science Research Officer; Health Services Department Head; Health Services Quality Assurance Coordinator; Medical Department Staff Officer; Operations Management Officer, Medical Facility; Plans, Operations and Medical Intelligence; Preventive Medicine Officer (Aerospace); Preventive Medicine Officer (Public Health)
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems to store and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring, and training of personnel.
- customer service
- English language
- computers and electronics
- law and government
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: