Claims Adjusters, Examiners, & Investigators
Claims Adjuster, Claims Analyst, Claims Examiner, Claims Representative
Select a military branch to see samples.
Paralegal; Paralegal Apprentice; Paralegal Craftsman; Paralegal Helper; Paralegal Journeyman; Paralegal Manager; Paralegal Superintendent
InvestigationsNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Review settled claims to determine that payments and settlements are made in accordance with company practices and procedures. Confer with legal counsel on claims requiring litigation. May also settle insurance claims.
On the job, you would:
- Examine claims forms and other records to determine insurance coverage.
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Pay and process claims within designated authority level.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Business software applications
- Microsoft Office software
Video conferencing software
Document management software
- Document management system software
- InSystems Calligo Document Management System
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Credit Authorizers, Checkers, & Clerks
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators & Analysts
- Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about claims adjusters, examiners, and investigators.