Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
Claims Processor, Claims Representative (Claims Rep), Claims Technician (Claims Tech), Underwriting Assistant
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents, and review them for completeness.
- Calculate amount of claim.
- Post or attach information to claim file.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- order or arrange things
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
Instant messaging software
- Medical condition coding software
- Medical procedure coding software
Get started on your career: