Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
Case Manager, Eligibility Specialist, Program Eligibility Specialist, Workforce Services Representative (WSR)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Contracting; Contracting Craftsman; Contracting Superintendent; Human Intelligence Specialist Craftsman; Personnel Apprentice; Personnel Journeyman; Security Forces; Security Forces Apprentice, Military Working Dog Handler; Security Forces Helper, Combat Arms; Security Forces Journeyman, Combat Arms
Force Development; Human Intelligence Collector; Military Police; Senior Military Police Sergeant; Unit Supply Specialist
Investigations; Investigator; Maritime Law Enforcement Specialist
Disbursing Officer; Master-At-ArmsNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Determine eligibility of persons applying to receive assistance from government programs and agency resources, such as welfare, unemployment benefits, social security, and public housing.
On the job, you would:
- Interpret and explain information such as eligibility requirements, application details, payment methods, and applicants' legal rights.
- Interview benefits recipients at specified intervals to certify their eligibility for continuing benefits.
- Keep records of assigned cases, and prepare required reports.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Video conferencing software
- Google Meet
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Medicaid management information system MMIS
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Human Resources Assistants
- Human Resources Specialists
- Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about eligibility interviewers, government programs.