Billing & Posting Clerks
Billing Clerk, Billing Coordinator, Pre-Audit Clerk, Statement Clerk
Select a military branch to see samples.
Contracting; Contracting Apprentice; Contracting Helper; Contracting Superintendent; Financial Management and Comptroller Apprentice; Financial Management and Comptroller Helper; Financial Management and Comptroller Manager; Traffic Management Operations; Traffic Management Operations Craftsman; Traffic Management Operations Journeyman
Automated Logistical Specialist; Financial Management Technician
Personnel Administration Specialty; Yeoman
Aviation Supply Specialist; Finance Technician; Financial Management Resource Analyst; Financial Management Resource Officer; Supply Chain and Materiel Management Specialist
Accounting Officer; Pay Clerk; Pay Manager; Pay Supervisor; Personnel SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered or for delivery or shipment of goods.
On the job, you would:
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
- Prepare itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- administrative services
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- using math to solve problems
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
some college or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerks
- Brokerage Clerks
- Customer Service Representatives
- Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
- Payroll & Timekeeping Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about billing and posting clerks.