Credit Authorizers, Checkers, & Clerks
Commercial Credit Reviewer, Credit Investigator, Credit Processor, Credit Representative
Select a military branch to see samples. No similar titles were found.
Unit Supply SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Accounting OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Authorize credit charges against customers' accounts. Investigate history and credit standing of individuals or business establishments applying for credit. May interview applicants to obtain personal and financial data, determine credit worthiness, process applications, and notify customers of acceptance or rejection of credit.
On the job, you would:
- Keep records of customers' charges and payments.
- Compile and analyze credit information gathered by investigation.
- Obtain information about potential creditors from banks, credit bureaus, and other credit services, and provide reciprocal information if requested.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet programs
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Bill & Account Collectors
- Credit Counselors
- Insurance Claims & Policy Processing Clerks
- Loan Interviewers & Clerks
- Loan Officers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about credit authorizers, checkers, and clerks.