Client Services Administrator, Logistician, Production Planner, Supply Management Specialist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Acquisition Manager; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, C-17; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, EC-130J; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, MC-130H; Contracting, Fighter; Fleet Management And Analysis Journeyman; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Journeyman, KC-10; Logistics Plans Apprentice; Maintenance Management Manager; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance, Apprentice, Material Handling Equipment (MHE)/463L Maintenance
Acquisition; Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist; Aviation Combined Arms Operations; Cargo Specialist; Engineer; Infantry; Mobility Officer; Petroleum Systems Technician; Senior Automotive Maintenance Warrant Officer/Senior Ordnance Logistics Warrant Officer; Systems Development
Finance and Supply Specialty; Gunner's Mate; Storekeeper; Weapons Specialty
AIRSpeed Officer; Aircraft Maintenance Officer; Aviation Logistician; Aviation Supply Specialist; Basic Aviation Logistics Officer; Defense Systems Analyst; Ground Supply Officer; Logistics/Embarkation Specialist; Marine Acquisition Officer Candidate; Operations Chief
Acquisition Specialist; CWO - Special Warfare Combatant-Craft; Designated Project Integrated Logistics Systems Coordinator; Individual Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) Individual Augmentee/In Lieu Of (IA/ILO) Special Operations (SPECOPS) Support Team; Logistics Specialist; Mineman; Procurement Management Officer; Ship Project Officer; Submarine Logistician; URL - Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Warfare Officer
Fleet Management And Analysis; Fleet Management And Analysis Helper; Logistics Commander, ABM; Logistics Commander, Fighter; Logistics Commander, RPA; Logistics Commander, Trainer; Logistics Plans Helper; Logistics Readiness, ABM; Logistics Readiness, Fighter; Logistics Readiness, RPA
What they do:Analyze and coordinate the ongoing logistical functions of a firm or organization. Responsible for the entire life cycle of a product, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, and final disposal of resources.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in, or directly relevant to, a logistics activity.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Manage subcontractor activities, reviewing proposals, developing performance specifications, and serving as liaisons between subcontractors and organizations.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Logistics Analysts
- Logistics Engineers
- Project Management Specialists
- Supply Chain Managers
- Transportation, Storage, & Distribution Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about logisticians.