Transportation, Storage, & Distribution Managers
Distribution Center Manager, Fleet Manager, Logistics Operations Manager, Supply Chain Logistics Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Acquisition Manager; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aircraft Armament Systems Helper, All Other; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-130J; Aircraft Loadmaster Superintendent; Contracting, Helicopter or EWO; Ground Transportation Manager; Logistics Readiness, Bomber; Mission Generation Vehicular Equipment Maintenance Craftsman; Pararescue
Acquisition; Ammunition Warrant Officer; Aviation All-Source Intelligence; Aviation Operations Specialist; Contract and Industrial Management; Field Artillery Technician; M1 Armor Crewman; Ordnance, General; Quartermaster, General; Supply Systems Technician
Boatswain Specialty; Finance and Supply Specialty; Gunner's Mate; Marine Safety Specialist; Marine Safety Specialist Deck; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Marine Safety Specialist Response; Storekeeper; Waterways Operations and Management; Weapons Specialty
Acquisition Core Member; Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Officer; Armor Marine; Aviation Supply Officer; Bulk Fuel Officer; Force Deployment Planning and Execution Officer; Inventory Management Specialist; Marine Acquisition Officer - Aviation; Motor Transport Operations Chief; Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief
AOC Air Mobility Division Member; Aircraft Intermediate Maintenance Officer, Avionics; Aviation Maintenance Field Representative; Cargo Handling Officer; Electronics Logistics Officer; LDO - Deck, Aviation; Material Division Officer; Port Services Officer; Squadron Commanding Officer; Torpedo Weapons Officer
Aircraft Loadmaster Manager; Airfield Operations; Airfield Operations, ABM; Airfield Operations, Airlift; Airfield Operations, C2ISREW; Airfield Operations, Fighter; Airfield Operations, General; Airfield Operations, RPA; Airfield Operations, Special Operations; Airfield Operations, Tanker
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate transportation, storage, or distribution activities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable government laws or regulations. Includes logistics managers.
On the job, you would:
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine
about transportation, storage, and distribution managers.