Fraud Examiners, Investigators & Analysts
Certified Fraud Examiner, Inspector General, Investigator, Special Investigation Unit Investigator
Select a military branch to see samples.
Special Investigations; Special Investigations Craftsman; Special Investigations Helper; Special Investigations Journeyman; Special Investigations Manager; Special Investigations Superintendent
CID Special Agent
Criminal Investigation Officer; Criminal Investigator CID Agent; Forensic Psycho-physiologist (Polygraph Examiner); Military Police Investigator
Military Criminal Investigator; Military InvestigatorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Obtain evidence, take statements, produce reports, and testify to findings regarding resolution of fraud allegations. May coordinate fraud detection and prevention activities.
On the job, you would:
- Document all investigative activities.
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings.
- Analyze financial data to detect irregularities in areas such as billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures.
Safety and Government
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- accounting and economics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Business intelligence and data analysis software
- TIBCO Spotfire
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Structured query language SQL
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Detectives & Criminal Investigators
- Financial Examiners
- Intelligence Analysts
- Private Detectives & Investigators
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about fraud examiners, investigators and analysts.