Document Management Specialists
Business Process Analyst, Business Records Manager, Document Control Manager, Records Manager
see titles from the Air Force or Marine Corps.
Administration; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, HC-130J; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, HC-130N/P; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, C-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, HC-130N/P; Historian Apprentice; Knowledge Operations Management Craftsman; Materiel Management Journeyman; Medical Materiel Superintendent
Manpower Information Systems (MIS) Analyst; Special Technical Operations (STO) Administrator
What they do:
Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Consult with end users regarding problems in accessing electronic content.
- Monitor regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- reading work related information
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Document management software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Alfresco Software Alfresco
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Oracle PeopleSoft Financials
Analytical or scientific software
- CAPSYS Capture
- EMC Captiva
bachelor's degree or
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: