Computer Systems Analysts
Business Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Analyst, Computer Systems Consultant, Systems Analyst
Select a military branch to see samples.
Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Operator; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Craftsman, C-32/C-40; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Journeyman, HC-130P/N; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Apprentice, C-135/25 AF Systems/Carry-on EW; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, E-3 Computer/Electronic Warfare Systems; Cyber Defense Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper, Networks Operations; Cyber Intelligence Helper, Analyst; Maintenance Management Analysis; Software Development Specialist
Cyber Network Defender; Cyber Operations Specialist; Cyberspace and Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) Senior Sergeant (CEMA Sr SGT); Electronic Warfare Specialist; Health Services Systems Management; Information Protection Technician; Information Systems Technician; Military Intelligence (MI) Systems Maintainer/Integrator; Network Communication Systems Specialist; Senior Signal Warrant Officer
Electronics Specialty; Electronics Technician; Information System Technician; Information Systems Management; Intelligence Specialist
Applications Developer; Aviation Logistics Information Management System (ALIMS) Specialist; Basic Information Operations Staff Officer; Cyberspace Warfare Operator; Data Systems Chief; Data Systems Specialist; Information Operations Specialist; Intelligence Software/Security Engineer; Intelligence Technology and Data Chief; Network Engineering Officer
ADP Programs Officer; CVN Propulsion Plant Local Area Network (PPLAN) Manager; CWO - Operations Technician, Surface; Cryptologic Technician (Technical); Fire Controlman; Information Systems Technician; Intelligence Specialist; LDO - Information Professional; Management Information Systems Officer; RL - Special Duty Officer Billet - Information Professional OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
On the job, you would:
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- quickly know what you are looking at
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Oracle Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition J2EE
- Oracle SQL Developer
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
Web platform development software
- Spring Framework
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
- Database Administrators
- Database Architects
- Information Security Engineers
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about computer systems analysts.