Computer Systems Engineers/Architects
Information Technology Architect (IT Architect), Solutions Architect, Systems Consultant, Systems Engineer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Computer Systems Programming; Cyber Defense Operations Apprentice, Client Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman, Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Helper, Software Development Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Security Operations; Cyber Systems Operations Craftsman; Cyber Transport Systems Journeyman; Developmental Engineer, C2ISREW; Developmental Engineer, Mechanical
Health Services Systems Management; Information Protection Technician; Information Systems Engineering; Information Systems Technician; Network Systems Engineering; Senior Network Systems Engineering; Senior Signal Warrant Officer; Systems Automation Acquisition and Engineering; Systems Development
Information Systems Management
Aviation Logistics Information Management System (ALIMS) Specialist; Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) Officer; Cyberspace Warfare Operator; Data Systems Chief; Data Systems Specialist; Intelligence Technology and Data Chief; Management, Data Systems Officer; Space and Waveform Integration Officer; Strategic Electromagnetic Spectrum Officer; Technical Information Operations Officer
CWO - Cyber Warrant Officer; Communications System Current Ops Manager; Computer Network Capability Development; Cryptologic Technician (Maintenance); Cyber RandD SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions.
On the job, you would:
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by writing
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- create new and original ideas
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
- Spring Framework
Project management software
- Atlassian Confluence
- Microsoft Teams
Development environment software
- Apache Maven
- Oracle Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition J2EE
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Blockchain Engineers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Database Architects
- Information Security Engineers
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about computer systems engineers/architects.