Document Management Specialists
Document Control Manager, ECM Consultant (Enterprise Content Management Consultant), Electronic Content Manager, Records Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Administration; Aircraft Loadmaster Apprentice, C-17; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-130H; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, MC-130P; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, HC-130N/P; Cyber Defense Operations Apprentice, RF Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Craftsman, Systems Operations; Cyber Defense Operations Journeyman, Networks Operations; Historian Apprentice; Materiel Management
Special Forces Intelligence Sergeant
Operations Systems Specialist
Ground Command and Control (C2) Operations NCO; Ground Operations Specialist; Information Operations Specialist; Information Security Technician; Manpower Information Systems (MIS) Analyst; Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Planning Specialist; Special Technical Operations (STO) Administrator
Communications Manager; Cryptoboard Officer; Cryptologic Warfare Officer (National); Cryptologic Warfare Officer (Staff); Custodian of CMS Material; Intragovernmental Inquiries Officer; Public Affairs Officer; Security Assistant; Tactical Cryptologic Warfare Officer (Air); Tactical Cryptologic Warfare Officer (Subsurface)
Knowledge Management; Knowledge Management Apprentice; Knowledge Management Craftsman; Knowledge Management Helper; Knowledge Management Journeyman
What they do:Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
On the job, you would:
- Assist in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Assist in the development of document or content classification taxonomies to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval.
- Implement electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Document management software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Records management software
Video creation and editing software
- Apple Final Cut Pro
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Oracle PeopleSoft Financials
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Health Information Technologists & Medical Registrars
- Management Analysts
- Software Developers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about document management specialists.