Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, Equipment Engineer, Principal Engineer
see titles from the Marine Corps.
What they do:
Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
On the job, you would:
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Maintain technical project files.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Analytical or scientific software
- Dassault Systemes Dymola
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes CATIA