Biochemists & Biophysicists
Research Assistant, Research Associate, Research Scientist, Scientist
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Navy.
Aerospace and Operational Physiologist; Biomedical Laboratory; Biomedical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry
What they do:
Study the chemical composition or physical principles of living cells and organisms, their electrical and mechanical energy, and related phenomena. May conduct research to further understanding of the complex chemical combinations and reactions involved in metabolism, reproduction, growth, and heredity. May determine the effects of foods, drugs, serums, hormones, and other substances on tissues and vital processes of living organisms.
On the job, you would:
- Study physical principles of living cells or organisms and their electrical or mechanical energy, applying methods and knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry, or biology.
- Share research findings by writing scientific articles or by making presentations at scientific conferences.
- Prepare reports or recommendations, based upon research outcomes.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Accelrys QAUNTA
- Fujitsu BioMedCache
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Visio
Computer aided design CAD software
- Accelrys Insight II
- ChemInnovation Software Chem 4-D