Bioinformaticist, Bioinformatics Scientist, Research Scientist, Senior Scientist
see titles from the Air Force.
Physicist/Nuclear Engineer; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, ABM (if Prefix N); Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Airlift; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Bomber; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Fighter; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, General; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Helicopter or EWO; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, RPA; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Special Operations; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Tanker; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Trainer
What they do:
Conduct research using bioinformatics theory and methods in areas such as pharmaceuticals, medical technology, biotechnology, computational biology, proteomics, computer information science, biology and medical informatics. May design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information.
On the job, you would:
- Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Communicate research results through conference presentations, scientific publications, or project reports.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
Object or component oriented development software
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: