Molecular & Cellular Biologists
Molecular Biologist, Research Scientist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Biomedical Laboratory; Biomedical Laboratory, Biomedical Laboratory Science; Biomedical Laboratory, Blood Bank; Biomedical Laboratory, Clinical Chemistry; Biomedical Laboratory, Environmental and Industrial Hygiene Chemistry; Biomedical Laboratory, Hematology; Biomedical Laboratory, Microbiology; Biomedical Laboratory, Toxicologist
Biochemistry; MicrobiologyNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Microbiologist; PhysiologistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Research and study cellular molecules and organelles to understand cell function and organization.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Design molecular or cellular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Write grant applications to obtain funding.
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- group things in different ways
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about molecular and cellular biologists.