Economist, Environmental Economist, Natural Resource Economist, Resource Economist
Select a military branch to see samples. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Marine Safety Specialist Response; Marine Science Technician
Defense Systems Analyst; Operations Research Specialist
Statistical Data AnalystNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Conduct economic analysis related to environmental protection and use of the natural environment, such as water, air, land, and renewable energy resources. Evaluate and quantify benefits, costs, incentives, and impacts of alternative options using economic principles and statistical techniques.
On the job, you would:
- Write technical documents or academic articles to communicate study results or economic forecasts.
- Conduct research on economic and environmental topics, such as alternative fuel use, public and private land use, soil conservation, air and water pollution control, and endangered species protection.
- Collect and analyze data to compare the environmental implications of economic policy or practice alternatives.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- accounting and economics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Development environment software
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications VBA
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Climate Change Policy Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Environmental Scientists & Specialists, Including Health
- Industrial Ecologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about environmental economists.