Also called: Historian, Historic Sites Registrar, Research Associate, Researcher
In the Air Force: Historian; Historian Apprentice; Historian Craftsman; Historian Helper; Historian Journeyman; Historian Manager; Historian Superintendent
In the Marine Corps: Historian
In the Navy: Historical Officer
- Conserve and preserve manuscripts, records, and other artifacts.
- Gather historical data from sources such as archives, court records, diaries, news files, and photographs, as well as from books, pamphlets, and periodicals.
- Conduct historical research as a basis for the identification, conservation, and reconstruction of historic places and materials.
- history and archeology
- English language
- customer service
- administrative services
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Archival databases
- Smithsonian Institution digital archives