Collections Curator, Collections Manager, Curator, Museum Curator
Select a military branch to see samples.
Historian; Historian Apprentice; Historian Craftsman; Historian Helper; Historian Journeyman; Historian SuperintendentNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Historical OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Administer collections, such as artwork, collectibles, historic items, or scientific specimens of museums or other institutions. May conduct instructional, research, or public service activities of institution.
On the job, you would:
- Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
- Develop and maintain an institution's registration, cataloging, and basic record-keeping systems, using computer databases.
- Plan and conduct special research projects in area of interest or expertise.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
- administrative services
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Anthropology & Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
- Librarians & Media Collections Specialists
- Museum Technicians & Conservators
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about curators.