Agricultural Research Technician, Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech), Research Associate, Seed Analyst
Select a military branch to see samples.
Pest Management; Pest Management Apprentice; Pest Management Craftsman; Pest Management Helper; Pest Management Journeyman; Public Health Officer; Public Health Officer, Medical Entomologist
Animal Care Specialist; Entomology; Food Safety Officer; Intelligence Analyst; Medical Service Corps Officer; Preventive Medicine Sciences; Unit Supply Specialist; Veterinary Food Inspection SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Entomologist; Preventive Medicine Officer (Aerospace); Preventive Medicine TechnicianNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Work with agricultural scientists in plant, fiber, and animal research, or assist with animal breeding and nutrition. Set up or maintain laboratory equipment and collect samples from crops or animals. Prepare specimens or record data to assist scientists in biology or related life science experiments. Conduct tests and experiments to improve yield and quality of crops or to increase the resistance of plants and animals to disease or insects.
On the job, you would:
- Record data pertaining to experimentation, research, or animal care.
- Measure or weigh ingredients used in laboratory testing.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, or analyses that include results, charts, or graphs to document research findings and results.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Biological Technicians
- Chemical Technicians
- Farmers, Ranchers, & Other Agricultural Managers
- Food Science Technicians
- Precision Agriculture Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about agricultural technicians.