Social Science Research Assistants
Also called: Graduate Research Assistant, Research Assistant, Research Associate, Social Research Assistant
In the Army: Research Psychology
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Prepare tables, graphs, fact sheets, and written reports summarizing research results.
- English language
- computers and electronics
- administrative services
- customer service
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- order or arrange things
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: