Field Interviewer, Research Associate, Research Fellow, Research Interviewer
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Education And Training Apprentice; Education And Training Craftsman; Education And Training Helper; Education And Training Superintendent; Education and Training; Education and Training Journeyman
Education and Training
Education And Training Apprentice; Education And Training Craftsman; Education And Training Helper; Education And Training Superintendent; Education and Training Journeyman; Navy Counselor (Counselor)
Navy Counselor (Counselor)
What they do:
Plan, develop, or conduct surveys. May analyze and interpret the meaning of survey data, determine survey objectives, or suggest or test question wording. Includes social scientists who primarily design questionnaires or supervise survey teams.
On the job, you would:
- Support, plan, and coordinate operations for single or multiple surveys.
- Collaborate with other researchers in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of surveys.
- Consult with clients to identify survey needs and specific requirements, such as special samples.
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- sociology and anthropology
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Pulse Train Bellview TCI
Object or component oriented development software
- Practical extraction and reporting language Perl