Marriage & Family Therapists
Clinical Therapist, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Outpatient Therapist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Chaplain; Clinical Psychologist, Aviation Psychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Health Psychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Investigative Psychologist; Mental Health Service; Mental Health Service Craftsman; Mental Health Service Journeyman; Religious Affairs; Religious Affairs Craftsman; Religious Affairs Journeyman
Behavioral Sciences; Clinical Psychology; Command and Unit Chaplain; Medical Service Corps Officer; Religious Affairs Specialist; Social WorkNo similar titles were found.
Correctional Counselor; Substance Abuse Control Officer; Substance Abuse Control Specialist
Behavioral Health Technician; Chaplain; Chaplain Specialist; Clinical Psychologist; Clinical Social Worker; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern; Navy Primary Prevention (PP) and Human Factors Process (HFP) Advanced Professional Development Train the Trainer Certification; Religious Program Specialist; Supervisory ChaplainNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral, within the context of marriage and family systems. Apply psychotherapeutic and family systems theories and techniques in the delivery of services to individuals, couples, and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed nervous and mental disorders.
On the job, you would:
- Encourage individuals and family members to develop and use skills and strategies for confronting their problems in a constructive manner.
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans addressing family relationship problems, destructive patterns of behavior, and other personal issues.
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- eMDs Medisoft
- Synergistic Office Solutions SOS Case Manager
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Child, Family, & School Social Workers
- Clinical & Counseling Psychologists
- Healthcare Social Workers
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about marriage and family therapists.