Healthcare Social Workers
Clinical Social Worker, Hospice Social Worker, Medical Social Worker, Social Worker
Select a military branch to see samples.
Chaplain; Clinical Psychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Child and Adolescent Psychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Clinical Neuropsychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Operational Psychologist; Mental Health Nurse; Mental Health Service Apprentice; Mental Health Service Helper; Mental Health Service Manager; Occupational Therapist
Army Public Health Nurse; Behavioral Health Specialist; Behavioral Sciences; Clinical Psychology; Command and Unit Chaplain; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Nurse Corps Officer; Occupational Therapy; Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse; Religious Affairs SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
Correctional Counselor; Substance Abuse Control Officer; Substance Abuse Control Specialist
Behavioral Health Technician; Chaplain; Chaplain Specialist; Clinical Psychologist; Clinical Social Worker; Correctional Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern; Navy Primary Prevention (PP) and Human Factors Process (HFP) Advanced Professional Development Train the Trainer Certification; Supervisory ChaplainNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Provide individuals, families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include advising family caregivers. Provide patients with information and counseling, and make referrals for other services. May also provide case and care management or interventions designed to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to healthcare.
On the job, you would:
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
- Educate clients about end-of-life symptoms and options to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- therapy and counseling
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
- customer service
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Information presentation software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Medical records software
- MEDITECH software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Child, Family, & School Social Workers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Rehabilitation Counselors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about healthcare social workers.