Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (FACS Teacher), Teacher, Technology Education Teacher (Tech Ed Teacher), Technology Teacher
Select a military branch to see samples.
AFROTC Training Instructor; Aerospace Physiology Craftsman; Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment Commander and Professor of Aerospace Studies; Education And Training Helper; Instructor, Officer Training School; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist; Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (SERE) Specialist Manager; Trainer Combat Systems Officer, Instructor, Undergraduate CSO Training; Trainer Pilot; Trainer Pilot, T-1
Special Forces Communications Sergeant; Special Forces Engineer Sergeant; Special Forces Weapons Sergeant; USMA, Professor of Army War College; USMA, Professor of Military Art and Science
Permanent Commission Teaching Staff
AV-8B Air Combat Tactics Instructor (ACTI) Qualification; EA-6B Defensive Tactics Instructor (DEFTACTI) Qualification; Formal School Instructor-Pilot/Naval Flight Officer; Infantry Squad Leader; MAGTF Officer Instructor-Helicopter Pilot; Marine Special Operations Forces Instructor; Night Systems Instructor (NSI) Enlisted Aircrew; Summer Mountain Leader; Weapons and Tactics Instructor (WTI) Intelligence Marine; Weapons and Tactics Instructor - Air Command and Control
2M Instructor; Air Intercept Control Weapons and Tactics Instructor; Command Fitness Leader (CFL); Flight Instructor, Training Planes; Harbor Security Boat Training Supervisor (HSB TRASUP); Instructor, General; Joint Terminal Attack Controller Instructor (JTAC-I); Naval Flight Officer Instructor, Training Planes; Physical Training Officer; Small Arms Marksmanship InstructorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Teach occupational, vocational, career, or technical subjects to students at the middle, intermediate, or junior high school level.
On the job, you would:
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Object or component oriented development software
- Objective C
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Development environment software
- Apache Kafka
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Postsecondary
- Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
- Middle School Teachers
- Secondary School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about career/technical education teachers, middle school.